Saturday, April 20, 2013

Marriage

Marriage has been brought up a lot in conversation lately. I'm not sure why....because I am not any where near getting married. I don't even think I'm anywhere prepared to being married. Which is fine. I am very happy at where the Lord has me right now. I enjoy being single. I am so busy and don't really have time for a relationship. I hardly have time for the friends I do have.
Speaking of not having time for things, I seem to always fit in some time to watch TV/movies.
Watching FRIENDS gives me a time that I can just not think and laugh a lot. A few months ago I started at the beginning of the series (again) and I am currently in season 8. In the episode "The One with the Secret Closet" Chandler discovers that the door to the room by the balcony in he and Monica's apartment is locked. He obsesses the entire episode on getting the closet unlocked. And when he did... http://youtu.be/apvf4UihPd8

The fact that Chandler is willing to help Monica deal with her junk is incredibly sweet. For 27 years I have been trying to deal with my own junk and I can never seem to grasp that the Lord is there to help me with that. When I eventually get married, it will also be something that my husband is there for...and I for him. Honestly, that KINDA terrifies me. Because I have gotten REALLY good at hiding my junk from other people. This is also, I realize, not healthy at ALL. That's something the Lord has been working with me lately. More on that to come later.

Looking a little more at the whole marriage bit, here are a few awesome articles that I have read lately. The first is one a friend tagged me in on Facebook about how it matters who you marry, which I've always believed, directed towards Christian gals: http://thechristianpundit.org/2012/08/15/it/
The second is an article, written by the husband of the woman who wrote the other one, directed towards guys: http://thechristianpundit.org/2012/09/12/guys-it-matters-whom-you-marry-too/

Both are equally awesome, true, and definitely worth a read.

Until next time people...

AMC

No comments:

Post a Comment

turning thirty-three.

i don't know if i've ever posted this piece of information about my life, but i'm in the education field. higher education spec...